Birds Eye View

I have finally arrived in London! The journey was ridiculously long, over 30 hours of flying and stopovers. It could have been hellish but I kept thinking to myself at least this isn't a two month long sea voyage! I was booked to have the window seat the entire time which was both a blessing and a curse. It meant I had to ask the two Australian lads going to Munich solely to drink beer to get out of their seats every time I needed the bathroom, and my legs got really cramped and sore. But I got to monopolise the window, which is great if you are traversing half the world. The daylight stretched on for hours as we flew from Sydney to Singapore, then night time lasted forever on the next 14 hours to Heathrow. I saw around 4 hours of red desert in Australia with only one dusty straight road through it. There was a terrific lightening storm over Malaysia. I saw huge glowing Asian cities, faint lights coming from small towns across India's Hindi belt, the snow capped mountain range between Pakistan and Afghanistan with a metallic glittering city with bronze veins running through it on the border. There were huge Middle Eastern cities, the Black Sea was partially covered by clouds but the lights along the shore made the shape visible. Most of Europe was covered in cloud too, but I saw cities etched across the Czech Republic and Eastern Europe, and glowing lights coming through the clouds over France and Netherlands. Finally we circled London 5 times next to a queue of other planes, waiting our turn for the runway. With views like that, you don't need in-flight entertainment!

Comments

Popular Posts